Connecticut licensed and insured
We are fully licensed and insured in Connecticut as residential and commercial home inspectors; CT license #HOI.0000749. We are also a Board Certified Master Inspector – The highest designation in the home inspection industry!
InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
Whether you are buying or selling a home you should always use the services of a certified home inspector. In addition to our Connecticut license, we have been certified by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI). We have worked hard to maintain our certification, so we may provide you with the latest information. Their requirements are:
- The inspector must pass InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Examination every year. This general, not association-specific exam is an industry standard required by InterNACHI and some state licensing boards.
- The inspector must adhere to the industry’s largest, most comprehensive Standards of Practice.
- The inspector must abide by InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics.
- The inspector must follow a strict continuing education policy that requires, among other things, that they receive 24 hours of continuing education each year.
- The inspector must have completed InterNACHI’s ethics “obstacle course” which ensures that they are aware of their ethical duties as a home inspector.
- The inspector must have passed InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice quiz.
- The inspector msst have signed and submitted an affidavit legally agreeing that they have and will continue to adhere to all InterNACHI standards, ethics and education requirements.
- The inspector must maintain a continuing education log.
- The inspector is required to successfully complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive Standards of Practice course and examination, Roofing course and examination, Structural course and examination and Electrical course and examination, Plumbing course and examination, Inspector Safety course and examination, Wood Destroying Organism course and examination, 25 Standards course and examination, Moisture Intrusion course and examination, Vermiculite Insulation course, Polybutylene Plumbing course, Water Heater TPR Valve course, Emergency Exit course, Log Home course and examination, Green Building course and examination, Mold Inspection course and examination, Radon course and examination, Commercial Inspection course and examination, and the Foundation Walls and Piers course and examination.
- The inspector must attend at least one chapter meeting or educational seminar every two years (reasonable exceptions apply).
- The inspector must complete at least one very advanced inspection course every 2 years.
- The inspector must have access to a number of learning tools such as inspection tips and technique illustrations, a library of home inspection books and videos, the industry’s largest message board, InterNACHI’s “what’s new” publication of recent inspection news, and the InterNACHI University.
IAC2-Certified by the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants for Radon Testing and Mold Inspections
Certifications acquired through home inspector training from